samedi 17 mars 2012

Fine tunning

Following the race last week-end, today was a good day to implement the lesson learned.
1- The main sail tackle has got only four strands, so in strong was not providing enough demultiplication. I also needed a stronger version for the car with travel adjusting pulleys. The original car I purchased did not have adjusting pulley and was only rated 850 lbs. The top shakle got bent...! So I installed the 1250 lbs car with a fine tackle going to sheaves installed on either side of the main car.


I am not sure yet if I will have enough travel for the fine tackle, once the boom is in place on the main. We shall see! I hope it will be OK, because I am very satified with this setup. It is very clean and will not affect the sail position like the ones in the cockpit. If it does not work, I can repalce the fidle pulleys with standard blocks to gain height..
2- I pulled the fore stay 10 turns on the turn buckle and released both sides sides two turns. The mast looks much straighter now and slightly more forward than it was.
3- Pulley and cleat for the spin pole tack point are in place.
4- For the jib "barber hauler", I still need to put some thoughts around this. I would like to install the jib tracks on the deck, but is will be too wide... Still some thought needed here!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire