dimanche 10 janvier 2010

First progress

So this week, I ordered the plywood, the epoxy and the fiberglass. I choose to have the plywood precut, I do not have that much time and this will save a lot of it on this project and ensure a perfect shape for all the sheets.
Also I started with the keel fabrication. I used 18 beautiful knot free pieces of 3/4" x 1-1/2" x 72" (19 x 38 x 1,828 mm) red oak from Lowes. They were all cut to shape and glued together one by one. 14 of them are together now. However, following the last talks on global warming in Copenhaguen, the temperature dropped here in South East Texas and I am waiting for the temperature to go up again to finish this initial part. Hopefully, it will be much faster than waiting for the global warming.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire